Friday, September 16, 2011

Monsieur Qui

 I have been a little  MIA as of late, my apologies. Life has been super busy and I had a million things to do leading up to my return to NYC. Now the bags are packed and I have some time to show you one of my favorite fashion illustrators.
The New York Fashion Week is officially over so I might be a little late with the topic but here goes:

French illustrator Monsieur Qui (or Mr. Qui) creates stunning works using watercolor, typography and overlapping drawings of women, flowers and everyday objects. He works primarily on paper but is also a street artist, plastering the walls of Paris with his beautiful pieces.



I just love his style! Beautiful, yet edgy and his discreet use of colors make for awesome effects. 
Just imagine walking by this:


And people call this vandalism? 
Sometimes I find he drifts off into the kitschy but especially in street art that is often a rather good thing and a great attention grabber.



Check out his official website to see more of his illustrations and lots of pictures documenting his work as a street artist:  



No comments:

Post a Comment